WHAT IS GEPP? DEFINITION AND ISSUES ON THIS NEW NAME
WHAT IS GEPP? DEFINITION AND ISSUES ON THIS NEW NAME. In order to anticipate the future needs of a company, the human resources department has the possibility of setting up the GEPP. So what does this acronym stand for? Why is it important to implement PPIM in a company? We will explain everything to you !
What is GEPP?
The definition of the GEPP is Management of Jobs and Professional Paths. This is a term used in the Human Resources department of large companies and which designates a process aimed at anticipating future skills needs. Indeed, one of the roles of HR services is recruitment, but it is above all a need that will give rise to the implementation of a recruitment process.
More than a process that makes sense for the company, the GEPP is mandatory for companies with more than 300 employees. It is also what was called in 2017 the GPEC or Forecast Management of Jobs and Skills. If we want to understand the difference between GPEC and GEPP, this new formula leaves more room for the professional career.
How to set up a management agreement for jobs and professional careers in a company?
The steps of the PPIM
The complete process is based on different key steps to follow which are:
- The realization of an inventory: It is important for the company to know what resources it has by listing the trades and skills, but also the activities and technologies. It must also take into account expected hirings and departures.
- Identification of needs: The company must then study the external elements likely to affect the trades and skills it has. Competition, but also the economic, social, technological and regulatory context are good indicators.
- The implementation of an action plan: Depending on the observations made, the company must put in place an appropriate action plan allowing it to meet its resource needs. Internal mobility, training, recruitment, there are many ways to achieve this.
What tools are used to set up a PPIM?
- The profession and skills repository: This is a valuable tool for the first step. Most often, it is the employees of the Human Resources department who are able to take charge of this task because of their precise knowledge of all the company’s employees.
- The age pyramid: This is a relevant tool for anticipating potential retirements in particular and therefore anticipating them.
- Digital solutions in the broad sense: They allow better management of skills and personnel. This is for example the case when using HRIS software.